Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Dynamic Summarize in Alteryx Server (APP)

CamiloWK1
5 - Atom

Hi all!

I've been searching for answers regarding how to implement a Dynamic summarize in my workflow and then run it as an app via the Alteryx server. 

The problem is that when I upload different data sets, sometimes it doesn't include certain fields and the App stops working in the summarize tool. So ideally I would like to be able to select the fields I am grouping through the Summarize tool in a sort of "tick-box" fashion (not sure if this is at all possible, but such as the workflow I attached as an example).

example.JPG

I have seen some answers and solutions with respect to this problem however, doesn't seem to work with my current workflow. If the first option is not possible in that way, I would need to know how to properly set-up a batch macro in order to update the RAW XML of a summarize tool. In particular, I am interested in a way to dynamically exclude missing fields from the summarize group by functionality. 

I am attaching a sample workflow with the data I am working on. 

Best,

Camilo

1 REPLY 1
JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Camilo,

Have you seen the post here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Dynamic-Summarize/m-p/64457#bodyDisplay_4:~:text=H...

It may be more helpful to post in that thread for support on your issue.  If you have tried those posts, or others, and you still aren't able to get a resolution, you could check out our community academy for help in learning batch macros as well as the videos section.

Thanks,

James

James Dolan-Hall | Principal Technical Account Manager
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com