Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input: Using dummy input file for source template. Errors when run on server

lowellsinghGP
7 - Meteor

I am using a dummy input data source template and it runs in desktop but when I try and run it in server it errors out saying it can't find the dummy file.  I am using the dynamic input to generate the sheet names to add to the file path and later open those individual sheets with another embedded macro.  

lowellsinghGP_2-1581518255965.png

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think dynamic input has to be able to see the template file.

Another way to do it is to create a batch macro with an Input data tool instead, with a control parameter and action tool to update the fullpath of the file you want to load.

I think this should work on server.

lowellsinghGP
7 - Meteor

Thanks DavidP

When you mean update the full path how does it recognize the sheet name?  I am using dynamic input to pull the sheet names then I add that to the full path witch then gets fed into another macro that opens each sheet in an excel document.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Just add the sheet name to the full path like this

...\foldername\filename.xlsx|||sheetname$

I’ll send you an example shortly.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The attached workflow is not dissimilar to your workflow, but instead of using a dynamic input, it uses the same batch macro twice, first to read the list of sheet names and then to load the sheets

DavidP_0-1581543569560.png

lowellsinghGP
7 - Meteor

Thanks DavidP

I am going to hardcode the sheet names into the formula tool since they will never change.  However, this is great for dynamic files where sheet names are not consistent.  I will use this approach for other workflows for sure.