Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Drivers for gallery

Gana_Baliada
7 - Meteor

Hi, I currently have a working workflow on Designer but struggle to transfer the same to Gallery. I've tried to install all the same drivers but it's been a while since I installed the drivers on my system and don't remember exactly what I did. Is there any way I can translate/transfer the same driver specs to the Company Gallery?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

My suggestion would be to use DNSless connection strings. This still requires that you have the same drivers, but you do not have to set up the system DSNs. You can set these connections up in Gallery and share them with yourself/users, and they'll be available in Designer. ConnectionStrings.com is a great resource for building DSNless connection strings.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Gana_Baliada
7 - Meteor

This was a good suggestion, but I've already tried it. Still doesn't work.

This was also one of the reasons I zeroed in on drivers as the problem. 

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you installed the same drivers on the server as you have on your Designer machine. For data connections to work, the driver, System DSN (not required for DSNless), and connection string need to be exactly the same between both systems.

If you are still having trouble feel free to message support@alteryx.com, and we'll get you sorted.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Gana_Baliada
7 - Meteor

So, I'm connecting IBM DB2, Teradata, and Oracle databases to 10+ spreadsheets. And I installed the drivers back in December. I did have problems and had to install multiple/ reinstall drivers from multiple sources to get the ODBC connections going. They work perfectly now, but I don't remember exactly which ones got them working?

Alternatively, is there a way to check what drivers are currently installed? (I realize this isn't the ideal platform for this question).

Gana_Baliada
7 - Meteor

Actually, all I've done so far is install the most updated drivers for the 3 databases. Sadly, that hasn't done the trick.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Gana_Baliada You'll need to check the ODBC Data Sources manager (there's one for 32 and one for 64 bit). This will show you the drivers and System DSNs you have installed. You'll need to replicate the System DSNs on the server.

ODBC Data Sources.PNG

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl