Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Download workflow from Gallery in XML format without using Console but by using script.

HeeteshBhardwaj
5 - Atom

Looking for a way to download Alteryx workflow directly from Gallery in XML format without using Console but rather by using script or any other option that can be automated.

Please let me know if there is a way to address this request.

4 REPLIES 4
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If you were to right click on a YXMD (workflow) and open with any text editor, you'd see the XML.  So whatever scripting your doing, you can have it read the YXMD in as a non-delimited flat/text file with no headers.  That will get you the XML of the workflow.

raychase
11 - Bolide

I've developed a workflow that downloads all workflows from the server using the API, then unzips all .yxzp using 7-Zip so the .yxmds can be inputted as .xml (like @mbarone mentioned). This allowed me to do all kinds of analysis on sources of input and output within the workflows.

HeeteshBhardwaj
5 - Atom

Thanks for your response @mbarone. Actually I am looking for a way to download the workflow from the Alteryx Gallery directly.

Do you have input for this?

HeeteshBhardwaj
5 - Atom

Thanks for your response @raychase .Could you please share some more details regarding how to create this workflow or could you share the workflow that you have created. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.