Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Download all ouput files

ADriver
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I was using an analytics app to ask other teams to download their files through Alteryx server. I used the render tool to output my files. I wonder is there a way to let people download all files at one time. 

Please advise! Much appreciated!

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

A couple ways you could do it is to either zip all the files up and provide a zip file or save all to a folder and provide a link. Would either of those work?

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ADriver
6 - Meteoroid
avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

@joshuaburkhow, @ADriver - I have a similar use case where I have an analytic app running on gallery which outputs 50 excel files, but I'm trying to output just 1 zip file. I tried using the Workflow Configuration > Events > After Run Without Errors which then calls a powershell script which zips up all the files in 1 zip folder and it works on Alteryx Designer, but it does not work when workflow is published on Gallery. It returns the error - The external program "powershell.exe" returned an error code: -196608: The system cannot find the file specified. I believe Alteryx server can't find the powershell script because when i publish the workflow i'm unable to attach it using the "Manage workflow assets". Is there anoter way to make this work so that a single zip file is the downloadable output on Server/Gallery?  Any suggestions? I have created a new topic here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Alteryx-Zip-Output-Files-on-Gallery/m-p/...