Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Doubt about Alteryx Server

rafaelfre
5 - Atom

Hello team,

I'm a KNIME server user and I'm think about to migrate to Alteryx Server at the future, but I have some questions about Alteryx funcionalities:

1. In KNIME, we have some javascript nodes that we can wrap into a component and then it apear to the end user as a webpage in the server webportal, this javascrip nodes can be stiled by CSS.

The aim here is to bring some user interaction with the workflow. Is there any thing similiar in Alteryx? I saw some material about the designer tool features in Alteryx Designer but I didn't see it in action at Alteryx Server, is there any material to indicate? I'm aim to built a app at alteryx.

2. In KNIME we have an integration with BIRT report that allows us to build some report in word, excel, pdf, etc... Is there any thing similar in alteryx?

Thanks!

Rafael

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @rafaelfre

You can build an app in Alteryx and host it on the Alteryx Gallery on your Alteryx Server. The other option is that everything on the Alteryx Gallery is available via an API and so you can build a webpage and have it call anything on the Alteryx Server via API.

As for Reporting, there is an entire suite of reporting tools in Alteryx. For a sample, take a look at "Help > Sample Workflows > Describe what you are doing > Create a report layout" or right click on the layout tool and hit "Open Example"

rafaelfre
5 - Atom

Great...thank you!!!