Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Directory tool with Alteryx Server not working

spelcovits
5 - Atom

I published a workflow to Alteryx Server that includes a Directory tool. The workflow runs fine with Designer but Server is not able to find the path for the Directory tool. The path leads to a Teams site which is synced with my local computer using OneDrive. I googled this issue extensively and the recommended solution was using the All UNC path option, but that did not fix my issue.

Are there any other options available to me to fix this from my end, or do I need my Server admin to step in? If the latter, since my Server admin is busy and I don't want to bug him more than I have to, I would appreciate detailed instructions on what he needs to do.

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@spelcovits The server would need to be able to access the directory that you're trying to read from. Your admin would probably be the best place to start.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @spelcovits ,

You have two options here that I know of.

1. Sharepoint input tool: You can create a macro using both features of the tool, list + input wrapped in a batch macro. That would work similarly to a directory tool.

2. Map the one drive folder on the server: For this, you would need to have remote access to the Alteryx Server's machine and to also have the option to use credentials available when publishing workflows on the gallery. The idea here is to mimic exactly the path you have on your desktop on the server, with this you wouldn't need to use UNC path.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

spelcovits
5 - Atom

Do you have detailed instructions on what the admin would need to do? My Server admin is very busy so I would like to point him in the right direction to the extent possible.

spelcovits
5 - Atom

@fmvizcaino, thank you! I am not sure how to access the Alteryx Server machine, so I will try the batch macro.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @spelcovits ,

Anytime!

Before creating the macro, please test the sharepoint input tool first. Maybe you will need to do one additional process to be able to bring your credentials when publishing the workflow on the gallery. 

In addition to that, you will need to ask your IT to install the Sharepoint input tool on the server as well.

Be aware of the versions to download there: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Sharepoint-Tools/ta-p/877903

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

spelcovits2
5 - Atom

Unfortunately the SharePoint Input tool doesn't work for me, even on Designer. Is this the end of the road?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@spelcovits2 , would you mind sharing the error message you are receiving, please? 

spelcovits
5 - Atom

@fmvizcaino wrote:

@spelcovits2 , would you mind sharing the error message you are receiving, please? 

@fmvizcaino, when I use the link to my main SharePoint folder it works but doesn't give me subdirectories. When I paste the link to the folder within SharePoint I want to access, it gives me the error "Error encountered: Cannot contact site at the specific URL" and then the link.