Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Deploying Directory tool in Alteryx server

NithyaU
5 - Atom

I have used the sharepoint url as the directory path in Directory Input Tool, but while deploying the directory tool into the alteryx server getting Invalid directory error and I am not able to publish the workflow properly. But in Designer app it is working perfectly. I have tried Share point input list tool also but not able get the excel files placed in the sharepoint under list dropdown. Any one please  help me on this?

2 REPLIES 2
john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I am replying, mostly because I feel your pain and that isn't useful to you.  However, I will say that trying to work with files between Alteryx and SharePoint was MUCH easier when I used the method of the OneDrive where I could use the OneDriver folder and treat it like a local directory vs. trying to use the SharePoint List or input tools.    That works great when reading a list, but not as great for files.

I hope this helps, or at least gives your thread a bump so a pro can help you out.

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @NithyaU,

Have you checked if the service account being used on the server has access to the directory that you are trying to access?

I ask as on designer(as you are running as a local user), you might have access to the directory and thus are able to connect. In many cases the Server Service account needs to be given access to those particular file paths.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh