Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Daylight Savings with Scheduled Jobs

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Recently one of our partner's servers hit a snag during the switch this past weekend. All of the jobs that ran around the time where the clocks fell back ran but also stayed scheduled and then nothing ran the next day on the schedule. They were literally ahead of the schedule.

They rebooted the server and it reset everything, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this before because I have not.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
7 REPLIES 7
dorachen
5 - Atom

We had the identical issue with our scheduled Server workflows.  Thank you for posting your experience!

Here is the Alteryx Support reply:

There is a defect that has been created for this issue (DE22005) and has to do with how the new timezone feature handles Daylight Savings time changes. Our development team plans on introducing this fix in the next releases. I will associate the defect with this case so that when a fix is released for the issue you will receive an automatic email notification. Let me know if you have any questions. 

raychase
11 - Bolide

We experienced the same issue.  It pertains to the 'LastRunDate' or 'NextRunDate' of a scheduled job falling within a time frame of ambiguity (12am-2am on the morning of a scheduled time change).  Since this issue hasn't been formally resolved, a user could theoretically halt job processing on your server by scheduling a job during the next ambiguous time frame (12am-2am on March 8, 2020).

Let's hope Alteryx rolls out a fix ASAP.

dorachen
5 - Atom

From Support:  This was fixed in the 2019.3 stable update as well as the 2019.4 release. It was not included within the release notes. 

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

We are on 2019.4.8 and our schedules till failed and now won't come back up and it's still not working.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

So if we move schedules out of that window we should be okay?  Has this worked for you?  We just ran into the problem and can't upgrade quickly (take at least a couple of weeks.)

We're looking for an interim solution.  Also, does a reboot fix the issue?

Thanks,

Tim

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

If you can, just reboot the server. It will pick up any missed schedules.

If you are trying to get ahead of it, I can't answer sorry.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Ray,

This helped we moved all schedules out of the window of  12am-2am to after 215AM.  We also deleted any disabled schedules with the "bad" dates.  We then restarted Alteryx service and that cleared up the issue.

Thanks Again,

Tim

Server Version 2019.3.2.15763