Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Data Governance

Carole
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

In the context of data governance issues, we would like to find a way to gather information related to data processing in an Alteryx script (xml, log files) in order to implement them in the Master Data Management of Informatica.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Thank you

Carole

1 REPLY 1
Inactive User
Not applicable

I have personally built a workflow that takes an Alteryx Workflow and breaks the XML into sections that I then document into Word. I would suggest using line ends to split the XML into rows and then data mining for the appropriate records. Containers can make it challenging to use the XML parse too so I recommend the former method. Stuff such as Filters, Formulas, Inputs, and Outputs would be the must-haves IMO. 

Log files you can get from an after-action event on the workflow or put the workflow through a runner macro and then save the log into a file or DB. For the data itself, I would recommend a final tool at the end called "Info" that can give you the field metadata for the tool.