Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Data Connections in Gallery only working after updating the password

meenu1995
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to create an Oracle data connection in Gallery. Whenever I create and try to use it in my workflows it won't work and I get the ORA-01017 error :invalid username/password; logon denied error. But if I edit the password in the Gallery by replacing "__EncPwd1__" in the connection with the same password and save it again ,it's working. Is this expected behavior ? I am using Alteryx server 2019.3.

8 REPLIES 8
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@meenu1995 

Are you trying to connect to the Gallery Data Connection from Alteryx Designer on your desktop?

Also when you created the connection on Gallery, did the 'Test Connection' work?

Best,

Jagdeesh

meenu1995
6 - Meteoroid

Answers to your questions @JagdeeshN :

Are you trying to connected to the Gallery Data Connection from Alteryx Designer on your desktop? 

Yes and I get the visual Query builder pop-up but  I am getting the error as below when I test the query in SQL Editor:

Error: Input Data (125): OCILogon2 Error: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Also when you created the connection on Gallery, did the 'Test Connection' work?-Yes it is successful in Gallery

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@meenu1995 

Thanks for the clarification.

Can you also confirm if you are using a service/database account on the server to create the connection?

Best,

Jagdeesh

meenu1995
6 - Meteoroid

@JagdeeshN 

I am using my service account that has access to the database for the setup.The same service account work when I setup it in credentials.

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@meenu1995,

Replacing the string ""__EncPwd1__" in the connection string of the data connection in the Gallery is the right thing to do in order to update the password of your existing data connection.  Make sure you save it.

After you save it, also make sure to synchronize your connections in designer with the Gallery by going to Designer > Options > Advanced Options > Manage Data Connections > click Sync All

meenu1995
6 - Meteoroid

@CristianoJ  I am not trying to update the password but my data connection is working only when I update the connection string with the same password after creating it.

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@meenu1995,

Clear cache on your browser or open a Incognito window (chrome)

May also try to to into C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine and rename the file galleryallias.xml to galleryalias.xml.old.  Close designer and open again.

meenu1995
6 - Meteoroid

@CristianoJ I have tried that and it didn't resolve the issue.I also tried to connect from other users designer ,and it behaves the same way for them as well when they tried to connect to the data connection.