Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Daily Scheduled Job Ran Twice

kgalbert
9 - Comet

Update 2: Next day, all daily jobs ran as scheduled.  I didn't change any settings or schedules, just worked the next day.

Update: Just realized another daily job has ran twice.  Same deal as below, scheduled daily, been running for 10+ days with no problems, but this morning it ran twice.  There's been no modifications to the server/gallery, as I'm the only one that uses it currently.  There are only 4 daily jobs scheduled.  Two have ran twice and two have run once.

Hey Everybody,

I'm new to server and slowly transitioning jobs over from a desktop+automation environment.  I scheduled a job to run daily at 6:30am (The first two days ran at the original 7:00 am, but I realized that wasn't early enough for downstream jobs) which has been working fine for 11 days, but today for whatever reason it ran twice at the exact same time.  

The job is populating a data repository and the data did in fact land there twice.  The 11 days it ran correctly are not doubled.  One thing that is weird, is that the schedule has a "Times Run" of 12 times, but if you count the number of runs there are 13.  

Any thoughts about why this might be happening? 

The proof:

Double Run.png

Details:

The server and the worker are the same machine.  

Versions:
Client: 2020.1.0

Server 2020.3.4.30228

Service Layer Master: 2020.3.4.30228

Not sure what other info would be useful, but let me know!

Thanks,
Ken

9 REPLIES 9
raychase
11 - Bolide

Unfortunately, I have seen the same behavior, with no identifiable root cause (and on a different version of Alteryx Server).  The incidence rate of this particular issue seems extremely low within our environment; however, it should ideally never happen.  I've heard others mention the same intermittent issue.

etzele
8 - Asteroid

The same is happening on our Server. It's happening really rarely but it causes problems when it happens. We are running the newest Alteryx Server version. Has this been investigated by the developers?

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kgalbert @etzele @raychase thank you for highlighting this rather unusual behaviour by the Alteryx Server. We would encourage you to submit an official Support Ticket via our case portal - instruction guide as illustrated in this link here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/How-To-Use-Case-Portal/ta-p/710195

This will alert our Support Team to investigate and troubleshoot the issue at hand further. Thank you 😊

YusakuHamano
5 - Atom

I am experiencing the same problem. The Alteryx Server version I am currently using is 2020.4. Do you know when this problem will be resolved in the next version?

dokmanc
6 - Meteoroid

Has anyone entered a ticket for this issue? What became of it? I don't want to waste my time telling Alteryx what they already know.

kgalbert
9 - Comet

Hey everybody,

I haven't opened a ticket with Alteryx.  We did upgrade our server to 2021.3 two months ago and haven't had the problem occur since... that I'm aware of.

Thanks,
Ken

dokmanc
6 - Meteoroid

We're on version 2021.3 and we are having that problem pretty frequently even though we have a small number of schedules. Our workflows send an email when it completes. When we receive multiple emails, we quickly learn when a workflow was incorrectly fired off multiple times,

So, I submitted a case and I received two identical emails from Alteryx acknowledging receipt of my case, LOL. They must be using their scheduler,

I was told that this issue has been fixed in 2021.3.5. We'll see....

kgalbert
9 - Comet

That's pretty rough.  It was a rare event for us when it did happen and only really mattered for 1 of the 10+ scheduled workflows.

We are on 2021.3.5.03604, so maybe that's why we don't have the problem anymore?

raychase
11 - Bolide

I've been working on this with various technical professionals within the Alteryx Support model for quite some time.  From my experience, it does appear to be resolved in versions 2021.3.5 and later.  For specific reference, you'll find the issue details under 'TGAL-6148' in their release notes.