Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Cyrillic characters desktop version (ok) versus server version (not ok) - same workflow

olahnil
7 - Meteor

Hi Everybody! Can anyone help me?

If I use in-db tools to pull down data through desktop version of Alteryx then the cyrillic characters appears perfectly.

But as soon as I upload the workflow to Alteryx server then the cyrillic characters disappear and insted of them small cubes are appear in the exact same workflow. 

Why is that? I can only schedule workflow through Alteryx server but in this case the characters became unreadable.

6 REPLIES 6
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @olahnil 

Are the drivers the same version and set up on your machine and the server?

That'd be the first thing to check.

And the second is a question from me, where is the output that you are comparing these characters?

olahnil
7 - Meteor

The driver is the same for both server and desktop.

I put 1-1 browser direct after the query of Connect In-DB tool. And at server set up the characters are still wrong.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @olahnil 

Is the driver the exact same version? Also with the same set up?

Also, is the version of Alteryx the same between the two?

Lastly when you say browser, do you mean a browse in-db tool within designer?

olahnil
7 - Meteor

Hi Joe,

I investigated and the drivers are different. My driver that works properly: 2.18.04.00. But the server's driver does not able to decode cyrillic 2.16.09.

One solution may be to upgrade the driver version on server however this version is not supported by alteryx so could cause other issues. I raised a ticket to alteryx support. I hope they will find a solution.

Yes, I meant browse-in-db-tool.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @olahnil 

That makes sense. Typically with drivers using a later version should be OK,

We list on our site the one that we have done the testing with and support but you should be OK to update your server.

I assume you haven't had any issues with that version locally? Well in fact you have had positives with it 🙂

olahnil
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your answers! I had no issues locally.