Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Critical Error: Failed to construct Gallery daemon process, process exited code <42949672>

ih7
5 - Atom

Hi everyone.

Today, since trying to configure SAML, and then having to switch it back to Built In, Alteryx Server has become v unstable - I recognise that in the settings it recommends not switching between authentication types, but I had to, as the SAML details I was provided with were incorrect.

I found in the logs 4 instances of the same critical error:

GalleryManager_InitDaemon_Error: Error <Failed to construct Gallery daemon process, process exited code <4294967295>>

The Alteryx Service in Task Manager cannot be manually started (I have administrator permissions).  Server Manager also shows multiple instances of the following error:

Error - Gallery Service failed to start in a timely fashion, exiting.

I have restarted the server multiple times, and rebooted the Windows Server, to no avail.

Some more details:

Server version = 2019.4

OS = Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Would be grateful for any assistance as I've hit a brick wall.

Many thanks, Ian

1 REPLY 1
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi Ian,

Is this a brand new install or an existing environment? If it is a brand new install I would recommend just Stopping the Alteryx Services, renaming the existing MongoDB instance (you can find it located in your Server Configuration Settings and the default is C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Persistence). This will allow you to start fresh and will remove the corruption issue. The bad news is if you have been using server for a while and attempted this it will put you in a tough spot. Have you been doing any server backups?

FYI 2019.4 is pretty stable so you are on a good version to be dealing with this.