Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Credentials on Gallery Save

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I'm watching a user enter their credential options and if running without credentials (as server id), no problems.  If they want users that they have shared the application to run as their own ID, it is not recognizing the user name/password.  

They use SSO and the active directory is giving us errors.

Any suggestions?

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
1 REPLY 1
Garrett
11 - Bolide

I believe for this to work the user needs to have some pretty serious credentials on the Alteryx Server machine. This is from back in the spring, so details may have changed, but here is what I learned from Alteryx support (which basically led to use having to abandon trying to leverage "User Must Supply Own Credentials"):

The user accounts will need full control of all of the Alteryx installation and data folders. The default locations for these are as follows, but check your Alteryx System Settings as some file locations can be moved.

• C:\Program Files\Alteryx
  • C:\Program Files(x86)\Alteryx
  • C:\ProgramData\Alteryx
  • C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Alteryx
  • C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx

The users will also need to have one of the following permissions depending on version. For versions of server prior to 10.6.8 the users need to have ‘Allow Local Logon’. For 10.6.8 and higher this is no longer a strict requirement. Instead the users will need either ‘Allow Local Logon’ or ‘Log on as a batch job’.

As an additional note if the service is set to run under an account other than the Local System account you may encounter nonce errors or what appears to be a hang when attempting to create or use saved credentials. This occurs if the service account doesn’t have full control of the machine encryption key used to encrypt stored credentials. By default, only the Local System account has full control of this key. If you encounter this issue, please email support@alteryx.com and we can assist you with correcting it.