Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Creating users without setting their passwords

Brayndasilva
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I was wondering how an administrator can create a user account without setting their password. In the Notifications tab I notice there's a template called 'Curator created a new user account' that provides an activation URL to set the password. How do I trigger these?

So far I only figured out how to trigger the 'Curator created a new active user account' e-mails. These are sent when I create an user manually and set their password.

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Brayndasilva 

Not sure if there is a way and definitely think it's a miss on Alteryx's part. The way I've been handling new user accounts is that I enter in some dummy password but instead of sharing that password with the new user, I've updated the email template notification with instruction for them to go through the "Forgot my password" steps. This ensures that they set their password and don't just stick with the one you set when creating the profile.