Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Create Endpoint for POST on Alteryx Server

hambi
6 - Meteoroid

My Goal 

I want to use the Tableau write back extension, which POSTs as shown below [1] together endpoint on our Alteryx server. The Tableau write back extension Rest API posts data in the format reproduced below and originally posts it to a Google spreadsheet. I want to instead of the Google spreadsheet configure our Alteryx server / gallery / create a workflow or app as the endpoint and would appreciate your help with this!  

Sources

[1] https://xpandit.github.io/tableau_write-back_extension/docs/advancedConfiguration.html

Rest API

If you do not want to use Google Spreadsheets, the Extension will send the data to the Endpoint using `POST` and the data format is the following format:

{
                            input:'{
                                "sheet":"Tableau",
                                "columns":["Customer ID","Customer Name"],
                                "data":[{
                                        "Customer ID":"MH-18025104",
                                        "Customer Name":"Michelle Huthwaite"
                                    },
                                    {
                                        "Customer ID":"NS-18640104",
                                        "Customer Name":"Noel Staavos"
                                    }],
                            }',
                            origin:"tableau"
                        }

2 REPLIES 2
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi there 

You should be able to create a POST endpoint using the Download tool itself in your workflow which will reside on the Alteryx Server.

This previous Community article may be able to help you :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Alteryx-API-ednpoints/td-p/407452

hambi
6 - Meteoroid

Dear @RishiK

The download tool looks really good! I was searching for exactly such an Alteryx-tool with POST / GET actions. I cannot work on this workflow for a while, but I hope we can eventually post a ready-to-use workflow for other Alteryx/Tableau users with this same question.