Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Create Endpoint for POST on Alteryx Server

hambi
6 - Meteoroid

My Goal 

I want to use the Tableau write back extension, which POSTs as shown below [1] together endpoint on our Alteryx server. The Tableau write back extension Rest API posts data in the format reproduced below and originally posts it to a Google spreadsheet. I want to instead of the Google spreadsheet configure our Alteryx server / gallery / create a workflow or app as the endpoint and would appreciate your help with this!  

Sources

[1] https://xpandit.github.io/tableau_write-back_extension/docs/advancedConfiguration.html

Rest API

If you do not want to use Google Spreadsheets, the Extension will send the data to the Endpoint using `POST` and the data format is the following format:

{
                            input:'{
                                "sheet":"Tableau",
                                "columns":["Customer ID","Customer Name"],
                                "data":[{
                                        "Customer ID":"MH-18025104",
                                        "Customer Name":"Michelle Huthwaite"
                                    },
                                    {
                                        "Customer ID":"NS-18640104",
                                        "Customer Name":"Noel Staavos"
                                    }],
                            }',
                            origin:"tableau"
                        }

2 REPLIES 2
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi there 

You should be able to create a POST endpoint using the Download tool itself in your workflow which will reside on the Alteryx Server.

This previous Community article may be able to help you :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Alteryx-API-ednpoints/td-p/407452

hambi
6 - Meteoroid

Dear @RishiK

The download tool looks really good! I was searching for exactly such an Alteryx-tool with POST / GET actions. I cannot work on this workflow for a while, but I hope we can eventually post a ready-to-use workflow for other Alteryx/Tableau users with this same question.