Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Couldn't resolve host name and Failure when receiving data from the peer error

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

I have set up an workflow on my laptop which download images and Links from am email in gmail and it works correctly. 

When i transfer the workflow to the Alteryx server i am getting the following errors

Error transferring data: Couldn't resolve host name - when i try to download the images

Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer - When I try to download the link

I can view these links in Internet explorer and it opens correctly.

12 REPLIES 12
AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Any one how to fix this so the workflow will run correctly on the Alteryx server?

c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

There are quite a few things that can be happening here, could you elaborate a bit on your workflow please?
Include screenshots and perhaps an example link if possible so that I may try it on my server

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

The workflow will take all the image link and url links from an email in gmail, and download the link in order to see if the link is valid. It the link it working then it will give an ok message and if the link is not working then it will give an error 404 message. I just a bit confuse why this workflow was ok on my laptop but not on the Alteryx server.

Here are some screen shots of the workflow.

AndrewCrayford_0-1594032744635.png

AndrewCrayford_1-1594033269823.png

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Can anyone help me on this as I would like to host this workflow onto the gallery for other people to use? 

c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is because the computer that has Server installed on it does not know about the URL you are using to pull data. This can be because the specific URL is being blocked by IT or simply that the server has been configured to only accept connections from sources internal to your organization. 

You can work with the Server admin and IT to either whitelist the URL you want to use or to add the IP address of the website you want to reach to the DNS lookup table of the network that the server is connected to.

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

I have set up the workflow using this version of Alteryx 
alteryx design version.PNG

But when I put the same workflow on the server  which has the following version 

Alteryx server version.PNG

The Alteryx Server is not able to download  URL which has over 550 characters but the Alteryx designer can. It works on the links which are under 500 characters, there all from the same domain.

I am not sure why would this be an issue? 
Is the server version set up different to the designer version? what could be causing the issue?

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Just wondering if anyone can help me? As I want this workflow to go live on the sever but this is a blocker at the moment

raychase
11 - Bolide

Sounds like a firewall on the Server.

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

If I open a web browsers on the server and paste the same link in which is over 500 characters, it displays the web page. So how can it be the firewall issue if the link works in a browsers?