Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Connection to Gallery is taking a lot of time for remote locations

Abe_Braham_
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx team,

I have a concern about the performance when we try to connect to Alteryx Gallery in order to publish (it takes more than 2 minutes to establish a simple connection). It looks like this is happening only in remote locations (server from America, customer from Europe).

Have this behavior been reported before? Is It normal?.

Additionally these customer are receiving a log on message every time they execute alteryx in their computers.

Thank you in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Are these users on a VPN connection?

Are their machines in the same Windows domain?

Abe_Braham_
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Patrick,

These users are not using any VPN connection. Their computer are in a different domain comparing to server.

thanks.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Abe_Braham_  how are they authenticating to the server? 

Abe_Braham_
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Patrick,

We are using windows credentials.

Thank you.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

If the users are not in the same domain and they do not use a VPN, is the server public or has a special config for multiple domains?

Abe_Braham_
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Patrick,

The server was configured for multiple domains, all company users (from different domains) can access to the server.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

What browser are they using? 

It's been a while since I've done a cross-domain login, but I recall that issue being browser-specific.

Have them try it on Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Abe_Braham_
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Patrick,

The problem exists when we try to publish a workflow from designer. The connection from designer to the gallery server is taking a lot of time when we try to publish (this happens only when user is from a different domain). Additionally to this when user is from a different region  a logon message appears whe alteryx designer is started.

Thank you.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

If it works eventually but just takes a while, that sounds more like a configuration in your AD forest.  Could be SSL

, domain trust configuration, or latency.  I'd start by checking with your AD admin.  If they can't identify an issue in the configuration, then its likely time to contact support.