Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Connecting Standalone Gallery Node to Replica Set

jmarsh1590
7 - Meteor

I'm attempting to configure a multi-node server with each service (Gallery, Controller, Worker, MongoDB) running on separate nodes. In this case, we have 4 Worker nodes, 3 Controllers configured for HA, 2 Gallery nodes, and a 3-node MongoDB replica set. When configuring the Gallery node persistence, I enter the following into the "Host" field: rs0/host1:port,host2:port,host3:port

This approach works when configuring the Controllers. However, the Gallery is unable to connect to the replica set with this approach.  The Gallery is able to connect to each of the MongoDB hosts individually, but cannot connect to the replica set. Further, I am unable to take the approach of allowing the Gallery to inherit its persistence settings from the Controller, as that box is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

Any idea what's causing this? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jmarsh1590
7 - Meteor

Answering my own question here. For Gallery persistence to connect to a replica set, you must exclude rs0 from the host name.

mchamps
7 - Meteor
host1:port,host2:port,host3:port