Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Collections for schedules

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi, are we able to create a collection for schedules in the Alteryx gallery?

I know it's possible for workflows but I have scheduled workflows which run as part of a group and would be good if I could easily view them together in a collection. 

Thanks

afk

11 REPLIES 11
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi you can indeed this link explains how you can do this. Note this is a new feature for 2020.2 .

Shared_Schedules_05062020.JPG

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for info! Looks like I'm not updated to this version yet but at least I know the feature is available.

Just so I understand, do I need to update my Alteryx designer or Alteryx gallery?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi it's advisable to update both designer and server so they are the same version so you don't experience any compatibility issues. 

abaranow
5 - Atom

I do not have any option to "add schedules" into the collection. It just loads blank and no option to do anything. Screenshot below.

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

UPDATE: I had to click on one of the collections to see the schedules tab. All good now 😀

Hi @JosephSerpis,

I've updated the desktop and server to the latest version 2020.3.5.30242 but I still can't see the schedules tab under collection. See screenshot attached.

Gallery collection.JPG

Please advise.

Thanks

afk

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi the schedule tab only appears when you are within a collection.

Collection_09102020.JPG

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JosephSerpis.

However, when I add schedules to the collection it looks like it can only "see" the first page of schedules. There are missing schedules in this list which I've noticed start from page 2 of the schedule.

Is there something I need to do?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi I would contact support@alteryx.com if you are missing schedules as the option to add schedules appears to just be a dropdown and doesn't seem to support a search function. When I tested it on my own server and typed a schedule it didn't find it.

Balders
11 - Bolide

@akasubi did you get a resolution for this? I'm also finding I can only add schedules from the first 20 schedules listed to my collection.