Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Clear LOGS

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

How to clear log files in Alteryx Server? Can any one please help me? Do we need to run any command or any process to clear the logs in server. Kindly please let me know.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ashokkumar1 

Logs on the Alteryx Server are stored in the local file system. The default locations can be found below

https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/configure-and-use-server-logs

To clear the logs, simply delete the log files in the directories specified above.

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your response, As in confirmation do you suggest to delete those logs manually? or is there any commands which have to run,

Thank you

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can manually delete the log files assuming they are not needed any longer.

You can also reduce the level of logging for Service Logs if need be under System Settings > Controller > General

MichalM_0-1607427038706.png

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your response,

To confirm we can manually delete the logs.

Also what could be the reason that workflows ran for long time in Alteryx Server.

Some of the workflows running for long time like more than 2 hours. Is there any thing that can take action to reduce the run time for workflows in Alteryx server?

Kindly please let us know.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

It's very difficult to say without understanding more about the processes. What are the data sources you're connecting to? How much data do you bring into the workflow? What are the transformations you're applying within the workflow? Are the workflows running faster outside of the server?

If that's the case? What's the spec of the server (CPU, RAM, spinning disk or SSD)? How many workflows do you allow to run simultaneously? Those are all aspects that will directly affect the runtime.

You can also try running these workflow within the Designer on the server with Workflow Profiling enabled to see which steps in the process take the most amount of time.

MichalM_0-1607524481972.png

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Michal,

Sorry but i don't create any workflows and i am bit new to Alteryx. My job is to monitor the job flow.

Only 4 jobs will run at a time in server.

As per users they say workflows run in designer 30 mints where as in server runs for more than 2 hours.

Users will use data sources like EDH, ORACLE etc

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you know the spec of the server? How many CPUs? How much RAM?

If you could share your server settings file (RuntimeSettings.xml) which is normally located under C:\ProgramData\Alteryx I can have a look whether there's anything obvious jumping out.

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Michal,

Sorry for the delayed response,

CPU : 1

RAM : 122GB

where do we find the server setting file here as mentioned i did not find any, Please help me.

ashokkumar1_0-1607971538236.png

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Please ignore my previous response. I will send new one