Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Clarification on Installing Alteryx Predictive R on Server

nkrishnakris
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Want to know if I need to Install Alteryx Predictive R tool on Alteryx Controller or Alteryx Worker or Alteryx Gallery node on server side.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @nkrishnakris if your users have workflows that utilize the predictive tools then I would install the predictive tools. I typically install the predictive tools at the same time at the server installation to save me a job in the future when a users attempts to upload a workflow with the predictive tools and fails if they have not been installed previously.

nkrishnakris
7 - Meteor

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for the response, I have multiple server for sharing the loading, where I have Controller and Gallery on few servers and few servers have worker service configured alone. Do I need install on Gallery service server. I am doing the version upgrade and planning to add the predictive tools.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @nkrishnakris you will need to install the predictive tools on each worker weather that be a standalone one where its a controller as well or additional ones that links to a controller. This will enable users to run workflows that have predictive tools on any worker with no issues.