Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Clarification on Installing Alteryx Predictive R on Server

nkrishnakris
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Want to know if I need to Install Alteryx Predictive R tool on Alteryx Controller or Alteryx Worker or Alteryx Gallery node on server side.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @nkrishnakris if your users have workflows that utilize the predictive tools then I would install the predictive tools. I typically install the predictive tools at the same time at the server installation to save me a job in the future when a users attempts to upload a workflow with the predictive tools and fails if they have not been installed previously.

nkrishnakris
7 - Meteor

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for the response, I have multiple server for sharing the loading, where I have Controller and Gallery on few servers and few servers have worker service configured alone. Do I need install on Gallery service server. I am doing the version upgrade and planning to add the predictive tools.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @nkrishnakris you will need to install the predictive tools on each worker weather that be a standalone one where its a controller as well or additional ones that links to a controller. This will enable users to run workflows that have predictive tools on any worker with no issues.