Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Change To Email Address for Server Notificatons

kamanivk
8 - Asteroid

To my understanding, all users of the server has the option to enable and disable Server Notifications.(listed under Emails).

Example: Workflow added to collection, Workflow Updated in collection.

To enable a particular notification, EACH USER has to add a particular notification to a Email Group.

Then, enable the Email Group.

Requirement: Change email notification sent to only to one email address for a particular notification(Example: Curator created a new active user account).

All users who have activated this notification should not receive it.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

@kamanivk  I don't believe anyone other than the individual that is activated gets a notification on our instance.  We haven't changed any notifications from what was delivered.  Thinking about the curator creating a new user, this is how it is set.  I haven't played around with notifications at all, so I'm not sure what would cause this to go out to to more people; however I wonder if this notification was added to one of the notification groups on your system and this makes it go out to anyone who has this group checked in their personal notifications.  

stvnhdmpa_1-1656358069022.png

kamanivk
8 - Asteroid

@stvnhdmpa 

Thank you for your reply.

The Group option in your screenshot is only to group this email alert into a particular Group. Adding few more alerts to group will give the option to turn on/off emails alerts in this new Group with a single click.

I guess all users can receive notifications that they choose to and Admins cannot remove a particular alert from a user.

Thank you.

stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

@kamanivk , If the notifications aren't in a group, users can't option in or out, can they?  As a user, I only have the option to turn on or off these groups as shown in the below screenshot, not individual alerts.  The version I'm on is 2021.2, so if you are on a newer version, maybe that changed or possibly I'm missing something.

stvnhdmpa_0-1656517709863.png