Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Cant save the workflow changes to Gallery

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have imported and updated an existing workflow on the designer 

However, cannot save on the same version of Gallery. 

stevelogue1980_0-1668637082262.png

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

As the message states, it is no possible to save it because you are not the owner of the workflow. You can ask the admin to add your user to the studio that has this workflow so you can save a new version of it rather than a copy. This restriction is not present on Server version 2021.4 or later. 

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Admin added to that studio, but it kicked me out of my own studio, and I don't see my own subscription , my  Server version 2021.4 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

A user can only be in one studio at a time, not multiple. Has the workflow been shared with you through a Collection? 

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Yes, the workflow has been shared through a Collection

in this case, I can't save on top of the same workflow after changes.

And the User left from org. and this is scheduled and used in reports as well.

so, how would i replace?

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @stevelogue1980

Make sure you have the Collection's Update asset permission.

Ariharan_0-1668810683349.png

Let me know if this helps and please mark as solution if so.

Regards,
Ariharan R

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @stevelogue1980 

I would recommend downloading the workflow from the gallery if you have access to the gallery, and then re-upload it to your specific studio. You can also delete the old workflow from the user's studio.

Your gallery admin would be able to help you gain access to the old studio / workflows if you can't access it. 

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.