Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Cannot see workflow in Private studio

rob_Peppink
5 - Atom

Hi,

Just recently, I cannot see a newly created workflow in my private studio

I am able to create & save the workflow in my private studio. I can also schedule it

But afterwards I can't see it in my Company Gallery, neither can I open it from Alteryx Designer.

This all used to be working fine.

I have a feeling it could have to do with the fact that we added a new server connection to the Gallery?

Any help would be highly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rob_Peppink ,

Have you recently upgraded your  Alteryx server version or changed the authentication method?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino 

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @rob_Peppink  @fmvizcaino 

Yes, we are also experiencing the same problem after performing the MongoDB restoration. 

There were no published workflows visible in the UI, but all of them were present in MongoDB. Although we tried to perform the rebuild reindex activity, it did not work. 

@rob_Peppink Could you please remove your gallery and give it a try?

Please refer to the below community post for the removal of gallery. 

Regards, 
Ariharan.R
ssidhpura05
6 - Meteoroid

@fmvizcaino - hi, i'm facing the same issue. Here is our scenario 

We migrated our server from one machine to another and also changed the authentication type from Built In to SAML. Everything works fine, however when we try to save a new workflow in gallery, we see that it does get saved and we can also run it using the temp url which get generated via designer post publishing the workflow however when we goto Private Studio, we do not see the workflow. 

Any idea what could lead to the issue

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ssidhpura05 ,

Keep in mind that changing the authentication method is not advised and could cause major issues in your mongodb.

Fortunately, you have an exception to this rule when moving from built-in to SAML. But sometimes this process can create locks on your MongoDB and you need to delete these for your gallery to function normally.

Take a look at these steps here showing how to remove locks. I suggest you creating a backup of your mongodb prior to this.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Troobleshooting-Unable-to-connect-to-G...

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ssidhpura05
6 - Meteoroid

@fmvizcaino - Thank you for the help, was able to fix the issue. Appreciate your quick response and guidance.