Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Can the "Access Denied" message be changed for new users (No Access role)?

smysnbrg
8 - Asteroid

We use Windows Authorization to access our Gallery and have set the Default role to "No Access".  When a new user browses to the Gallery, they're presented with the following:

"You do not have permission to use the Gallery based on your Windows credentials. If you think this may be in error, try restarting your browser and, if prompted, provide the correct credentials."

While the No Access role is behaving as expected for new users, I feel like the message isn't right for the circumstance.  Is it possible for the message to be changed?  I'd really like the second sentence to say something like, "Please contact your Gallery Administrator for further assistance."

Thank you.

(2020.2.3.27789)

3 REPLIES 3
PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @smysnbrg,

Interesting question! Changing the sentence would require to modify one of Alteryx Server files which is not supported.. So I would not suggest to modify it.

Message should be found in %ALTERYXDIR%\bin\RuntimeData\Server\production.js which is minified and therefore difficult to read/modified.

Best,

PaulN

smysnbrg
8 - Asteroid

@PaulNo thanks for the response.  Indeed the file appears daunting, so it's probably not worth the effort at the moment.

Thanks

Steven

PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @smysnbrg,

Thanks for your message.

If I were you, I would post an idea in the Server section (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server/idb-p/server-ideas). Maybe product management will have a better suggestion that changing the file I mentioned.

Best,

PaulN