Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Can't share data connections with new users

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hello, 

We've recently upgrade our alteryx server from 2019.2 to 2020.2. We use Active Directory. It appears that anybody who logs on for the first time in our 2020.2 server, I can't share data connections with that user. Has anybody else run into this problem or have any suggestions? For example, user A first logged into our 2019.2 gallery years ago. user B logs in for the first time to our 2020.2 gallery last week. When I go to share a data connection with User A and B, User A works but user B doesn't show up in the list for me to share with. 

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

When was the server upgraded? I wonder if there is indexing going on that hasn't completed yet post upgrade. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BrandonB , We upgraded the server in September, and it looks like the issue is related to a weird 500 user limit. We currently have 562 users in our mongoDB users table, and only the first 500 show up when searched. 501-562 do not show up. I don't have different versions to test, but we're running 2020.2.2.27029. Somebody else confirmed that it was working just fine in 2019.3. 

For other's reference, I was able to work around it by mimicking the server's internal api using alteryx designer. I'd be happy to share my workflow via Private Message if anybody else needs it.