Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Can't publish a workflow using a Data Connection Alias and AMP Engine setting enabled!

sameerpremji
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

We just upgraded Alteryx server and Alteryx Designer to version 2020.3.

For testing the AMP Engine purposes, on a brand new Workflow Sheet, I dragged an Input Tool and picked one of the Data Connection Alias (synced properly) from our internal Gallery. I then dragged a Browse Tool and ran the workflow whereby I could view the result set from a table into the results grid in Alteryx Designer.

I then proceeded to enable the workflow Runtime tab setting of "Use AMP Engine" by ticking the checkbox and re-ran the same workflow, just to notice the performance gain.

When I was happy with the test, I proceeded to publish the workflow and got an error described in this post and I also followed all the solutions described in this article but still I am not able to publish any workflow that has the setting "Use AMP Engine" enabled on the workflow. As soon as I uncheck it and publish it, it is successfully published but not with the AMP setting enabled.

I also verified that the Alteryx Server has AMP Settings enabled, as shown in the enclosed screenshots.

Please advise how to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@sameerpremji 

I see that you have opened a case with the Support team.  That was the best course of action.  Once the case is resolved, someone will update this thread with further information.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Update:

The issue described above is known.  If others encounter it, please open a case with Support for assistance.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

The fix for this issue will be included in the 2020.4 Release version. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
raychase
11 - Bolide

@TonyaS - when is 2020.4 expected to be released?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

We do not provide dates on future releases, but I think it's fairly soon. When the installers are available there will be an announcement in Community. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder