Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Can't open workflow from Gallery - Operation has been disabled

Alekh
9 - Comet

I'm logged into the Alteryx server environment (as the service account) and trying to open workflows from designer in my private gallery. Some work while others say:

'There was an error downloading the selected workflows: Operation has been disabled'. 

I don't see any restrictions on these workflows and they're all created by the service account so not sure what's stopping me from opening these. I've been able to download these packages through the API but can't open them from designer through the private gallery window.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Alekh ,

I have never seen this type of error, but I would suggest you to dig into the alteryx service logs and check for any error right after you try to open those workflows.

https://help.alteryx.com/20212/server/configure-and-use-server-logs

If it is not clear what is really going on, I would also suggest you to contact the support team, they will most definitely be able to help you out. support@alteryx.com

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

maheedharg
5 - Atom

I ran into the same issue when I used API to publish a migratable workflow to Gallery. I was able to see the published workflow as a owner, but when I try to open the same from the designer on our server, I got the exact same error and dont see anything in the server logs . Appreciate if you can share your findings if you are able to resolve the issue before I reach out to support.