Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Can't access to gallery data connection

Razb
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have created a gallery data connection on my company's server and now when i'm trying to connect to it I recieve the following error message: 

Razb_0-1670767524601.png

ODBC driver 17 for SQL Server is installed both on the server and the local machine and permissions for data connectons defined. 

Did anyone faced this issue?  

Thanks !

Raz

5 REPLIES 5
Armon24
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Razb 

This seems to originate on the SQL Server side due to a timeout setting. On gallery sometimes due to network delay i have encountered the same. Try to connect to the SQL server from your machine using SSMS or create an ODBC connection to the server from your local machine using ODBC Data Source Administrator. If you can't connect through either of those methods, may be there is firewall blocking the port, either the default 1433 or a custom port number, if used.

Can you please check with your database admin if they can increase the timeout value on the SQL server side?

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Razb 

1) Is the gallery data connection using windows auth or SQL server auth?

2) Does this connection work when you click test when creating the connection? If it doesn't, please reach out to your Database admin to enable access to SQL Server within the server environment.

3) There is an issue within your network that is not able to establish the connection to your SQL Server.

- This stackoverflow post may have a possible solution to this error.

- This article explains your error in further detail. 

- This is another article that explains possible issues.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and mark it as a solution.

Razb
7 - Meteor

Hi @Armon24

Thanks for your advise, the error accured due to TCP/IP connecrion since the local machine and the remote desktop don't share the same environment. 

Razb
7 - Meteor

Hi @PanPP

1) The gallery data connection uses windows auth

2) The connection worked when I clicked test connection. 

3)There is an issue, the error accured due to TCP/IP connection since the local machine and the remote desktop don't share the same environment since it's a demo environment.

Thanks for your help ! I'll let you know if it's resolvable. 

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Razb 

Once you resolve the TCP/IP connection issues, it will be able to resolve your issue.

Hope this helps.