Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Can't access our private gallery API??

machazthegamer
7 - Meteor

I have been trying for the past day to test sending an API request to our on premise Alteryx gallery to no avail. The get URL looked like this on Postman:

http://{{ SERVERNAME }}/gallery/api/v1/workflows/subscription/?oauth_consumer_key=8D61496AB337AB5e033ebd8e6d66d8af6603984a8c0ff303047937a&
oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&
oauth_timestamp=1536347291&
oauth_nonce=iLIDcZ&
oauth_version=1.0&
oauth_signature=tKW55+Mre2Iv8MpTOtiLVrHmldA=&
sortField=author&direction=asc&packageType=1

However i keep getting the error :

{
    "data": null,
    "exceptionName": "UnauthorizedException",
    "innerExceptionMessage": "",
    "message": "Timestamp is not close enough to the current server time."
}

How do I solve this?????....The server is in the same location as our offices so there should be no timezone difference.

How can this be resolved?? We would really like to make a simple web app that talks to the gallery or some number crunching

1 REPLY 1
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
My first guess would be that you need to use the Greenwich mean time (GMT). Since I'm in the Eastern US, I would currently add 4 hours to the current time.

If you use the api-docs on your private server, it will display the oauth_timestamp for you to compare your timestamp to.

Let me know if you need more help and I'd be glad to post a more detailed answer.