Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Can Share Data Connection with an Artisan's Studio But Not with the Actual Artisan

ASMR
7 - Meteor

I have recently been made a Curator/admin of my client's Alteryx Server, and am having trouble sharing a data connection with a particular user. For several data connections, I was able to share with Sahil P. (a premium Artisan) just fine. However, for other data connections, whenever I try to share with that user, I can only share with his private studio.

sahil.png

However, I'm able to share the same data connection with a Viewer

ryan.png

Any thoughts as to why I can't share this data connection with the first user?

2 REPLIES 2
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ASMR ,

Judging by the screenshot you provided, in both cases you are actually seeing the user's private studio.  The icon for Ryan (multiple heads) indicates it's a studio rather than a user, so it may just have been named without "Studio" in the title.

jamielaird_0-1614182156119.png

The questions remains as to why you can share with studios but not users. I don't have a good answer to that yet, but I hope this helps clarify the issue and might enable someone else to fully solve it for you.

ASMR
7 - Meteor

Thanks for catching that! You're correct Ryan too is the studio, not the user