Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Can I control which output is created first?

Brian_Bratney
5 - Atom

I have an app published to our private Gallery that outputs 4 files (1 pcxml file and 3 xlsx files).  I want the pcxml file to always be the "default" first file so that the user can see the report right there on the screen.  The other 3 xlsx files are optional files that they can download if they like.  Sometimes the pcxml file is the first on the list and sometimes it's not.  I'm pretty sure it's whichever file finishes processing first.  Is there a way to ensure that the pcxml file processes first and always is the default selection in the results screen?  I've tried the Block Until Done tool, but that doesn't seem to do the trick for me.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would suggest the Parallel Block Until Done tool in the CREW Macro Pack.  I've found it to be significantly more robust than the normal tool.

CREW PBlock.JPG

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Brian_Bratney
5 - Atom

Thanks!  I'll check that out.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You cannot control which is shown first to the end-user.  I too have this issue with my apps.  My Alteryx rep has looked into it and there is no way to control it.

Give my idea a "star".  If enough folks do, it might get resources :) 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Specify-Order-of-Output-in-Gallery-App-Result...