Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

CReW Macros - List Runner returns error "SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe"

kiruthega
5 - Atom

We are using list runner in the workflow, it runs successfully in local machine but throwing the below error when scheduled in server.

Error: Designer x64: Tool #247: Tool #3: Iteration #1: Tool #5: Record #1: Tool #2: Tool #2: The external program "SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe" returned an error code: -1
Error: Designer x64: Tool #247: Tool #3: The output connection "Logs" was not valid

we use 64bit machine (designer and in server)

2 REPLIES 2
jensroy
9 - Comet

Hello,

I am also running the "List Runner" on a schedule.

What I did was:

1. I put all the workflows in a folder on the Gallery.

2. I had the list runner installed on the Gallery.

3. I tested that the list runner could be run from the Alteryx Client on the Alteryx Server.

4. I scheduled the list runner from within the Server (remote desktop).

Remeber that any custom macro on a client must be installed on the same location on the server.

I strongly recommend that you always install macros in the Alteryx Macro folder:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros

The list runner is installed with and YXI (Alteryx installer) file, and those always go under the %AppData% folder somewhere, and you should leave them there. But that means that if you share a workflow using a macro from an YXI installer file, then those users must also run the installers. Exporting the workflow as an yxzp is not enough.

Hope this help :)

psyrio
9 - Comet

Hello,

I have the same problem, in the ALTERYX Schedule of my Designer it's work perfectly but when I launch by my Designer I have the same error despite the workflows have been ending correctly.

Can you explain me please what I need to do please ?

Regards,

Psyrio