Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

CReW Macros - Conditional Runner on Gallery

Trinadh
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have created few workflows using the CReW Macro Conditional Runner, i am calling 4 workflows using conditional Runner based on the success criteria and using log parser to get the final log results into an excel file.

While executing this workflow in the Designer, it works perfectly and i can see the logs of all 4 workflows and they are successfully completed.

And i have published the same workflow to Altery Gallery and i checked all workflow assets while publishing, the publishing job executed successfully and no errors but the output excel shows only the column headers but there are no workflow log status and the job finished just in 10sec and normally in Designer this job takes around 3min. I am unable to figure out how to get these jobs schedule in Gallery. I want to execute these job every 4 hours from the scheduler. Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
j_acon
9 - Comet

Can you screenshot your workflow? is the crew macros installed in the server?

Trinadh
7 - Meteor

Hi @j_acon

Please find the attached screen shot, i can run the workflow from designer perfectly.

How to check whether the macros installed on server or not? i check with my internal alteryx support and they said its installed and available but i still dont see the output of the workflow.

Thanks

Trinadh

j_acon
9 - Comet

The workflow that the conditional_runner macro tries to run might have failed, but the workflow itself is fine, try adding an output tool (use csv) to the bottom anchor of the 3 macros. That way you get an output to see what happened. 

Trinadh
7 - Meteor

Hi @j_acon 

I followed your suggestion but not error msg written to CSV, the workflow went well in designer and as usual no output in the gallery and no other errors from any of the conditional runner false condition anchor.

Please find the attached screen shot.

Thanks

Trinadh

haraldharders
9 - Comet

I have a similar issue. When working locally, the workflow called by the macro is found and started. I suspect that the issue in the Gallery is that each workflow is stored in a separate directory so that the workflow to be called by the Runner macro is simply not found. I could not confirm this issue yet, though. Anybody have an idea whether this is the root cause and how to resolve it?