Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Browse tool output not displayed in gallery output

jeeva_ganesan
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

We just set up our own gallery and trying to publish our apps in to gallery. We could successfully save the app in our gallery and run it in the gallery without any issue. App results window show "Status: Success. This workflow produced no output." Actually this app has a browse at the end and it will show a map and the data points in table while running it in the desktop. Do we need to explicitly render the map in separate tool ? If so, how to show the output records? Does browse tool not show any output in the app result?

Thanks in advance,

Jeeva.

15 REPLIES 15
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Maybe you can attache your module and I can try it and see if in fact it is our private instance that's causing the issue.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Cancel that --- I figured it out.  I was using ...Test.yxdb in the output instead of ...\Test.yxdb.  Apparently that slash made the difference!

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So is it working for you now where you see what I was showing?

Private server shouldn't make a difference...that's what I tested mine on...

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, now it's working like you showed.  The only difference is that for the output tool config, I had "...Test.yxdb" when it didn't work.  When I have output that goes to the gallery for download, I usually use "\..." instead of a folder structure.  I forgot to add the "\" when I tested this.

Once I changed it to "\...Test.yxdb", it worked fine.

oi10aaf
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for this Tip; i have spent days trying to render an output!

Could Alteryx Pros kindly add these tips to their Samples.

Ross1875
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm trying to scan through the community to work out how it would be possible to render a report in the Server Gallery.

I basically want to have a workflow that generates a visible report on the server (ideally in future it would update per the supporting files feeding the workflow updating.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly;

Turning the data into a basic table

Using a visual layout tool to organise it on a page

Output to .yxdb

I'm just not getting anywhere with it when it comes to running on the server.

Thanks in advance!