Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Blob output files always present in output of Analytical App, unable to hide

JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have an analytical app that needs to write a file to disk for a process later on down the app, however I do not want this file presented to the end user.

In the interface designer you can choose which files to show to the users, however with the blob output deselected it still appears in the app output. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening?

JonMcMillin_0-1632262885349.png 

JonMcMillin_1-1632262900988.png

I did try to delete the file before completing the analytical app workflow, however this caused an error on Alteryx Server.

Please find attached .yxzp of the analytical app for your own testing.

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @JonMcMillin 

You have to specify a path for the blob output to go.  If you don't, then it just goes to the working directory which automatically will present on completion for a Gallery App.

JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @patrick_mcauliffe 

I tested adding to a temp file to a subfolder within the working directory and it still presented the file, 

The second test I ran had the blob tool output to a network drive, which worked, and did not present the output to the user, which is fantastic! (although frustrating as I now have to handle file deletion in the network drive >__>)

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

You could use the Run Command in Workflow Events to run a .bat file after the workflow is done that deletes the files it created.