Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

BigQuery Input/Output Connector on Server

RColwell
5 - Atom

I have downloaded and implemented the Google BigQuery Input and Output connector that are now available via the Gallery. I would like to publish the workflow to our server so that I can schedule the job to run on a daily basis. I have configured the BigQuery Input connector to use the "Service-to-Service" connection which uses a json file to get the service account account and key. When I attempt to run on the server the workflow fails because it is looking for the JSON file. Is there a way I can configure the server so that it will use the file?

Alteryx Designer and Server versions are 2018.4

Error text:

The job Non Search Test did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:

· Failed to decrypt value for serviceCredsJSONStr! (Tool Id: 18)

· Service account JSON not provided. Please specify a path to your service account file. (Tool Id: 18)

· Failed to decrypt value for serviceCredsJSONStr! (Tool Id: 31)

· Service account JSON not provided. Please specify a path to your service account file. (Tool Id: 31)

· Failed to decrypt value for serviceCredsJSONStr! (Tool Id: 40)

· Service account JSON not provided. Please specify a path to your service account file. (Tool Id: 40)

14 REPLIES 14
PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid

Any update on this, or do we still reach out to support? 

michaelhakansson
5 - Atom

The solution in my previous post was based on the information I got when I contacted support. Adding the registry entry mentioned and disabling local validation when uploading the workflow to the Gallery should do the trick.

priyank31
5 - Atom

We are also using this solution in our environment for Salesforce Input tool v4.2.4.

Server Version: 2022.1.1.42636

Snag_bfb218c.png

The steps for key creation will be similar to what michaelhakansson has mentioned in the above post.

NatalieWagner
5 - Atom

Hi Michael,

My team and I are running into the same exact issue with the BigQuery Connectors.
Our key file is stored on a shared drive that we all have access to, however if, for example, I was the last person to connect to the BQ inputs and outputs to the key file in our shared drive and saved it, then another team member opened the workflow, they will see the error "Invalid service account keyfile. Check that you specified a valid JSON keyfile" despite having the same shared drive mapped to their network.

Based on this thread we all followed the instructions laid out for adding a registry key to the Alteryx folder (attached) and even restarted Alteryx and our machines. But we still run into the same error. Do you have any insight on what we might be doing wrong?

We are all using Alteryx version 2021.4 

Thanks!

m_v
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, getting the same error and the proposed solution does not work. My registry looks like this: