Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

BUG opening a renamed workflow from gallery in designer

mr_slim_fit
5 - Atom

Hello,

Since the last update it was possible to rename workflows in the gallery. However, after I open a renamed workflow from the gallery in designer, it will still show the old name of the workflow. This is very inconvenient as I need to save the workflow on local machines. Does anyone else have this problem or is it really a bug? Below you can find screenshots of the problem.

The original name of the workflow was 'cbs_84526ned_household_growth_geo_2018_xml_to_sink_to_logical' and this was renamed to 'cbs_84526ned_household_growth_2020_xml_to_sink_to_logical'. But when opening the workflow from the gallery it still gives the original workflow name (geo_2018).

Renamed workflow in the gallery.  

renamed workflow gallery.png

The gallery window from which I upload the workflow in to the designer.

opening from gallery.png

Alteryx designer with the incorrect workflow name after opening it from the gallery.

bug when opening.png

7 REPLIES 7
sethfuller
5 - Atom

Would love to see something about this as well. Had a major overhaul of our naming conventions and almost all of our workflows have different titles from Designer to Gallery.

mr_slim_fit
5 - Atom

Update:

This issue is still not resolved. On the notes of the link below it says that it is fixed. But I can confirm that it is not. 

Version alteryx: 2021.4.2.07064

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/server/server-20213-release-notes

ID + description notes

DE33902:

Updating the name of a workflow in Gallery UI and then resaving the workflow from Designer results in the old name being redisplayed in the Gallery.

mr_slim_fit
5 - Atom

Hi, just wanting to know if this issue is still being picked up. The BUG is still not resolved.

Linas
8 - Asteroid

Hi, we have the same issue for version: 2021.4.2.35356

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi All, 

We are facing the same problem with Alteryx Designer version 2022.1.1. Did the Alteryx support team provide any workaround solution for this?

Regards, 

Ariharan R

johnc_
5 - Atom

Facing the same issue with Alteryx Designer 2022.1.1.30961 and Alteryx Server 2022.1.1.42590

gpopova
5 - Atom

This is sill not resolved :(