Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

BUG opening a renamed workflow from gallery in designer

mr_slim_fit
5 - Atom

Hello,

Since the last update it was possible to rename workflows in the gallery. However, after I open a renamed workflow from the gallery in designer, it will still show the old name of the workflow. This is very inconvenient as I need to save the workflow on local machines. Does anyone else have this problem or is it really a bug? Below you can find screenshots of the problem.

The original name of the workflow was 'cbs_84526ned_household_growth_geo_2018_xml_to_sink_to_logical' and this was renamed to 'cbs_84526ned_household_growth_2020_xml_to_sink_to_logical'. But when opening the workflow from the gallery it still gives the original workflow name (geo_2018).

Renamed workflow in the gallery.  

renamed workflow gallery.png

The gallery window from which I upload the workflow in to the designer.

opening from gallery.png

Alteryx designer with the incorrect workflow name after opening it from the gallery.

bug when opening.png

7 REPLIES 7
sethfuller
5 - Atom

Would love to see something about this as well. Had a major overhaul of our naming conventions and almost all of our workflows have different titles from Designer to Gallery.

mr_slim_fit
5 - Atom

Update:

This issue is still not resolved. On the notes of the link below it says that it is fixed. But I can confirm that it is not. 

Version alteryx: 2021.4.2.07064

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/server/server-20213-release-notes

ID + description notes

DE33902:

Updating the name of a workflow in Gallery UI and then resaving the workflow from Designer results in the old name being redisplayed in the Gallery.

mr_slim_fit
5 - Atom

Hi, just wanting to know if this issue is still being picked up. The BUG is still not resolved.

Linas
8 - Asteroid

Hi, we have the same issue for version: 2021.4.2.35356

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi All, 

We are facing the same problem with Alteryx Designer version 2022.1.1. Did the Alteryx support team provide any workaround solution for this?

Regards, 

Ariharan R

johnc_
5 - Atom

Facing the same issue with Alteryx Designer 2022.1.1.30961 and Alteryx Server 2022.1.1.42590

gpopova
5 - Atom

This is sill not resolved :(