Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Automate the monitoring workflows in form of Report

rohitkummah1
5 - Atom

As you all know that once we open the Alteryx designer then go to View schedules and then we can see our workflows that ran successfully or had encountered an error.

So is there any way we can automate the workflow monitoring by creating a report -

1. can we identify the metadata DB or tables where Alteryx stores the workflow information.

2. If we get the table, then can we query that table and if yes can we connect it to Alteryx or is there feasibility to plug in any Viz tool like PowerBi or Tableau here?

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rohitkummah1 ,

There used to be a report called Alteryx Server Usage Report. It is currently deprecated, but you can still download previous versions from the downloads portal.

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/en/server/install/install-the-server-usage-report.html#install-the-se...

There, you will find everything you need, and there is even a Tableau template built with some ideas. But as I mentioned, it is deprecated, and there might be issues with the solution. However, you will be able to see all the MongoDB collections and relationships between them and create one yourself.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

rohitkummah1
5 - Atom

I wanted to know that there must be a table where all the workflows data are saved. is it possible to find out those tables , if yes then where we can find those tables ?

My thinking is if we can find those tables , then may be we can connect those tables to tableau or powerbi and then showcase to client that these many jobs are running on daily basis in a form of report.  

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rohitkummah1 , that`s exactly what you would find on the Alteryx Server Usage Report if you had taken the time to download it, all parsed and ready to go.

The raw tables are inside the mongoDB and the tables are documented here. https://help.alteryx.com/20221/en/server/configure/mongodb-management/mongodb-schema-reference/alter...

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino