Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Authentication error - Sharepoint tool - Gallery

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I am trying to use the Sharepoint Files Input tool on Alteryx Gallery. It works perfectly on Designer with Sign in via Internet Browser connection. But I am getting an authentication error with it (as given below). Could you help me with what should the right configuration for using this tool on Gallery? 

Appreciate your help!

Paulomi_0-1653629433285.png

8 REPLIES 8
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Paulomi

have you tried the solutions listed in this article https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Designer-Sharepoint-List-In...

It is also possible that your server does not have access to the sharepoint. 

If you are the server admin, you can go to the VM directly and test the workflow with the designer installed on the server, if it works, the problem is linked with the tool configuration, if it doesn't, then you may have to authorize your server to access your sharepoints.

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

My issue is with the Sharepoint file input tool. I have changed the configuration to use the client ID, tenant ID and Secret for configuration and it still says 'Failed to authenticate'. Is there a way I could try using my own credentials for accessing it instead of Alteryx service account's? I have tried to use user creds, but that also does not work. 

randreag
11 - Bolide

Hello @Paulomi 

Which version of the tool are you using? get the 2.1.0 if you don't have it

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I have the latest version. 

prpatel
11 - Bolide

Did you try this:

The SharePoint Files connector is a Python-based connector, so it will require the following registry key to exist in both the end-user's machine as well as each worker node on the server.  

Type regedit in Windows Start Menu  

Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx  

Right click and select New > String Value  

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx  
Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption  
Value Data: true 
Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @prpatel I actually reached out to Alteryx support and got their help in resolving this. And the info you shared was the same as what Alteryx shared with me. It actually worked after setting up the registry key. Thank you! 

prpatel
11 - Bolide

Hi @Paulomi,  glad that my solution worked for you. 

-prpatel.

Is it necessary to reboot the server after adding the registry?