Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Auth: Win AD - Groups

dominik_imark
5 - Atom

Hi All

I would like to use Win-AD Groups to control permissions on the gallery and for different collections. But as far I don't get it to run. I assume that the gallery can only work with users and not with groups and the users behind. Could this be correct?

Thanks for your help

Dominik

4 REPLIES 4
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you have Windows Authentication set up for your server, you should be able to used AD Groups in your permissioning on the Gallery. 

If you download the latest Alteryx Server Installation and Configuration Guide (the link can be found on the Alteryx Downloads Page), the information on Page 43 shows how this is done.

I have also included the Product Manager, @JohnF, so he can add any other thoughts.

Thanks for the question!

Rod

dominik_imark
5 - Atom

Hi Rod

Thanks for your answer. I am able to make permission entries for AD Groups, but this doesn't affect the AD Users which belong to this group. As example I used a group to give some users the Artisan permission, but unfortunately the AD Users in this group didn't receive this permission. So I assume, that Alteryx Gallery is seeing the group as normal user and don't import the users which belongs to the AD Group.

Thanks for helping.

bktaylor
8 - Asteroid

Was this ever resolved for you? I followed the steps in the Administrator guide, but users that are a member of groups that I've applied permissions too are getting the same permissions. Please help.

Thank you

asma_rez
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

So I think even in Recent Alteryx Server versions  the feature of adding AD groups to Permissions does not work?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Sync-AD-users-with-AD-group-in-Gallery/idi-p/1...

Regards,

Asma