Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Attempting to publish to private gallery as Artisan/get error

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I have an associate who would like to publish a workflow to her own gallery. See Screen shot of error message. Can an Artisan not publish to their own gallery without the assistance of the Admin?

Thank you,

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

If the user is an artisan it'll probably mean that the user needs to be validated.  The user themselves can do this by logging in and clicking on the ! in the top right of the screen.  This will send an email confirmation code which needs to be entered.  

However,  if SMTP is not setup then your administrator is able to click on users --> Username --> Validate user (option is at the bottom of the screen) 

Thanks,

Nick

ZacharyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I will echo what @NickC said - this is fairly common where a user that only uses Designer gets added to the server, and before logging in to the gallery (which validates their user), they try to publish and encounter such an error.

Simply have your user log into the gallery and confirm that they can see their own gallery and have validated their login as described.

If the above doesnt work, can you please let us know what version of Alteryx Server and Alteryx Designer are being used?

Best,

Zak

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

I created a Collection and invited her to it. The Server made her "Member" with the blue shield icon. I am not able to change her status to "Artisan". How is that done? 

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

The Server and our laptop Designer apps are both version 2018.2

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

To make a user an artisan you will need to enter the subscription they are part of and add an artisan.  

If the collection is created by somebody in a different private studio/subscription then you cannot become an artisan of that collection.

Thanks,

Nick

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi, and thank you for the reply. I'm the Gallery admin, and I do not see at the bottom of the screen the option to validate the user in question. Our server is on version 2018.2. 

Thanks,

Chris

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Validate user.png

It should be showing here.  It might be worth trying a different browser if you are unable to see this option.

Thanks,

Nick

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Wow! The only option I have on the right is to RESET PASSWORD. Nothing else. I guess I don't have the permissions I thought I had. 

Thanks,

Chris