Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

As an admin, how do I see the workflow logs on server

fhrdev
5 - Atom

A user has created a workflow and published it to our company Gallery (on our server). He has not shared it and I would like to see the execution logs. The logging in the server directory doesn't help much, there isn't any workflow identification.

I would like to be able to see the same logging as what is visible when its executed from the desktop.

2 REPLIES 2
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

@fhrdev I'm only aware of a way to view results of "Scheduled workflows" which can be seen on the server version of Alteryx Designer (so on your VM for example) you can open Alteryx and in "options" select "View Schedules" and in the results tab you can see all the results/workflow messages for any scheduled workflows. 

i'm not aware of any way to see workflow results of anything run on the server (i.e not scheduled) (these might be buried in the server logs)

Sharod100
7 - Meteor

Hello I know this is late but I'm posting just in case someone else has this issue in the future. Each workflow has this option to be enabled (Disabled by default) 

It can be turned on by going to workflow on the server.  Then in the top right area next to the Download/Schedule/Run buttons is button with three dots. In there is Workflow Settings. The 3rd check box needs to be flagged:

Sharod100_0-1671475907283.png

Unfortunately, it is not retroactive.