Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Artisan - Change workflow credentials after replacing workflow (creating new version)

PeterPug
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

we recently got Alteryx and found the issue that Artisans can replace a workflow with the option "Replace Workflow" to update it to a new version, in order to not loose any schedule information / link to the collection and so on. However, when the workflow is updated the credential settings, which were set in Alteryx Desinger (same for both workflows) get deleted.

I did read some articles about this and found out that Curators afterwards can redefine the credentials from within the Gallery for the new version, but I was curious if there is an option to allow Artisans to change the credentials as well or simply use the credentials set within Designer when uploading the new version to the Gallery?

Here is a screenshot of replacing the workflow and afterwards trying to run the new version, where the error appears that user credentials got deleted and that a Gallery admin needs to be contacted to replace the credentials:

2022-03-30 09_29_17-Start.jpg

2022-03-30 09_30_18-Start.jpg

Any information in regards to workarounds / server settings for Artisans would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Peter

4 REPLIES 4
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@PeterPug I have encountered the same problem:)

PeterPug
5 - Atom

Hi Jarek, thank you for your reply, good to hear we are not the only one facing this issue. 😅

PeterPug
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce that a fix was found. You have to upload the new workflow in Designer without any user credentials set.

PeterPug_0-1648800367682.png

Afterwards, if the service account for the shared studio is set in the private / shared studio by a Curator (see screenshot) then the Gallery automatically reverts the credentials of that studio entry.

PeterPug_1-1648800666999.png

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@PeterPug 

thanks for letting me know!