Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Application on a server

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I am trying to load the analytical app into server. I am choosing a folder in this app. However, when I try to publish I got an error that 

Andrzej_0-1594992946154.png

6 REPLIES 6
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @Andrzej that is telling you the Server machine cannot find the file path--in other words, it might be mapped to a different Letter drive. In your case it is your "C" drive. Try using a fully qualified UNC path. 

This community post explains how to convert your workflow dependencies (input files in this case): https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Scheduled-Workflow-not-able-to-read-files-from-net...

Let me know if this helps!

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Hi @PeterA1 

I am not using a shared drive, but my desktop as a path. I know that Alteryx gallery doesn't;t have access to my PC, but it should' matter because the user is going to choose file from his PC anyway. 

PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Andrzej  If that is the case (you have a file or folder browse that changes the input) then you may not have to worry! 

When a workflow is "validated" it is really just the server machine running the workflow with zero records through it to see if it can connect to everything, metadata in the tools lines up etc. So that message means it cant access that excel file. 

Try going to Server and running it as an app and see if it works that way.

Best,

Peter

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

@peterAq

When I try to run workflow on a server I got this error

Andrzej_0-1594996796980.png

c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Andrzej

The answer for this is right on the File Browse configuration panel

c-lopez_0-1595012613210.png

and also on the documentation for this tool 

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/FileBrowse.htm?TocPath=Tools|Tool%20Categories|Interface|_____8

File browse is not supported on the Gallery; however, you can use the file input tool to upload individual files or allow the user to enter a UNC path that the Server has access to and using a dynamic input tool to read in the files as @PeterA1 suggested.

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Hi @c-lopez 

I cannot connect to an excel file, because it is password protected. I have to get the path to this file to decrypt the password using R tool. When I try to connect input tool to  encrypted file I get error message.